Household Insurance

Household Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance usually covers loss or damage to all permanent fixtures and fittings caused by fire, theft, burst pipes, malicious damage, natural disasters etc. It will be arranged and paid for by your landlord or if you are purchasing a property this will be your responsibility. A range of suppliers are detailed below.

Household Contents Insurance

It is your responsibility to insure your personal belongings against theft and damage, whether you own or rent your property. You can extend your policy to include cover against accidental damage caused to the property and your / your landlord’s contents/fittings. Shop around for the lowest premiums and compare the extent of cover offered as both can vary significantly.

Below are some of the Insurance companies who operate in the UK. Also bear in mind that many of the major supermarkets now offer a wide range of personal insurances.

The UK insurance market is very competitive as such there are a variety of price comparison websites to help you obtain the best deal, we have detailed a number below for your use.

Alternatively, within most UK High Streets you will find independent insurance brokers who will help you to source the best deal to suit your needs.

Please note that Interdean are not members of the FSA. As such Interdean are not authorised to advise or recommend any insurers.